How Does Our ICP Test Compare to the Competition?
- We use a state-of-the-art, top-of-the-line Spectro Arcos ICP machine. There are several grades of ICP machines and ours is regarded as one of the best available on the market. The higher the grade, the more accurate the results.
- Our machine is calibrated specifically for sea water testing. If an ICP machine is used to test solutions other than saltwater, they will likely require adding acids to the water. As a result, these acids often skew results and sometimes render results invalid. Only when a machine is calibrated specifically for saltwater can it provide accurate numbers for some elements.
- At the start of each day, we check a known sample before testing any customer samples. Additionally, throughout the day we compare our results against a known control sample after every 3rd test. Yes, you read that right, after every 3rd test! If there is an issue, we then re-calibrate and re-test the previous samples. We know it’s a bit excessive, but we think the results speak for themselves.
ICP is Only Part of the Picture…
ICP does not test for everything. In order to get a complete picture on your tank’s health, we also incorporate the following tests:
- Titration, specifically the Mettler Toledo EasyPlus Titrator, is tested for carbonate hardness. Accurate alkalinity testing is an absolute necessity. Most dosing programs, like ATI Essentials Pro, require accurate alkalinity for best results. We are able to achieve an accuracy of 0.1dKH by calibrating multiple times per day.
- Salinity is double-checked using a high-precision conductivity meter.
- Ion chromatography, specifically the Metrohm 930 Compact IC Flex, tests for both fluoride and nitrate. We calibrate this machine multiple times per day to ensure the absolute best results.
If you would like to learn more, click here to view our ATI Labs page.
Get in touch with us
ATI water care products and services will help you optimize your tank’s health for best results. To learn more about our company, please visit our website at www.ATINorthAmerica.com.
Interested in selling ATI products? Submit a dealer inquiry here.
Looking to purchase a product? Find a store near you today.